Towards free learning opportunities for all students worldwide
The OER Foundation hosts New Zealand’s UNESCO-ICDE Chair in OER. Wayne Mackintosh, the Managing Director of the Foundation, is the current chairholder.
The implementation of the OERu is a designated project of the UNESCO-ICDE OER Chair network.
The objectives of the UNESCO-ICDE Chair in OER are to:
- recruit sufficient OERu partners to maintain a sustainable and scalable international OERu network
- coordinate transparent and collaborative planning for the implementation of the OERu, prioritising the following initiatives of the underlying logic model:
- open curriculum
- open design and development
- open pedagogy
- open ICT infrastructure
- open student support
- open assessment and
- open credential services
- facilitate capacity development opportunities for successful implementation of the OERu model and mainstream adoption of open educational approaches in post-secondary education
- augment and support the activities of the UNESCO OER Chair network, the Virtual University for Small States of the Commonwealth and other open education networks, including relevant UNESCO programmes and activities.