The Open Education Resource (OER) Foundation is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that provides international networking and support for educational institutions, educators and learners to achieve their strategic objectives through Open Education.
The Foundation is engaged in a number of strategic OER initiatives, including:
- Active participation in the UNESCO OER Dynamic Coalition
- Leading the implementation of the OERu international innovation partnership
- Supporting institutions in the developing world through the OERu Outreach Partnership Programme
- Hosting the WikiEducator community comprising 80,000 account holders
- Developing and promoting sustainable open technologies for the delivery of online courses
- Coordinating the New Zealand Centre for Open Education Practice
- Hosting of New Zealand’s UNESCO / ICDE Chair in OER
Visit our news and announcements page for a summary of key OERF milestones.